- This event has passed.
RETAIL MASTER CLASS II TOPIC: “Planning and Designing a Professional and Effective RMDP Retail Management Development Program (RMDP)”
May 21, 2015
Planning and Designing a Professional and Effective Retail Management Development Program (RMDP)
DATE: May 14&21, 2015
VENUE: PRA Training Room – 2610 Jollibee Plaza, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Many retail organizations are into massive business development and expansions where they require more professional retail managers. Some retail companies are in the normal phase of business extensions, while others are in rapid and unstoppable business enlargements. Companies opening retail stores one after another and branching out here, there and everywhere are commonly seen nowadays. Therefore the roles of Retail Store Managers and Branch Managers become so in-demand in the retail sector. More often, it becomes the headache of both the HR Manager and the Operations Manager where and how to produce their required competent and reliable Store and Branch Managers, considering the competition in the market is so stiff. The solution is to have an in-house Retail Management Development Program (RMDP) which aims to prepare high potential retail personnel for a future within the company by providing them the necessary tools required to meet tomorrow’s challenges, and provide the business with a pipeline of competent first line managers. This 2-day master class will equip the participants on how to easily develop and customize their own respective RMDPs with the design, format, tips and leads provided by the Facilitator.
DAY 1 (Active Discussion)
– What and who should compose of the RMDP Support Team
– Profiling the potential RMDP Candidate or RMDP Trainee
– Profiling the potential RMDP Coach
– Profiling the potential RMDP Assessor
– The Retail HR/Training & Development as the RMDP Custodian
– The role of and the final signoff process by the Retail Operations Manager/Director
– Introduction to and contents of the RMDP curriculum
– The RMDP Launching: Candidate/Trainee Orientation, Coach Orientation, Assessor Orientation, and Induction & Graduate Ceremonies
– The RMDP Tools: The RMDP Workbook and the RMDP Portfolio
– The full insight of the RMDP project
– Individual assignments for submission on the next and last training day
DAY 2 (Workshop)
– Planning and Outlining the Retail Management Development Workbook
– Defining what should contain the various workbook STAGES, MODULES, UNITS & EVIDENCES and the how’s
– Determining the potential stakeholders in their company that should be involved in each stage/module and what specific inputs they need to contribute in the development and completion of the RMDP
– Tips and Leads in developing the contents of the RMDP Workbook
– Identify the specific personalities to compose their respective RMDP Teams
– Individual or Group presentation of his/their RMDP Outline ready for development/completion within their RMDP Team, and action plan for its rollout
– Powerpoint presentation and experience sharing by the Facilitator
– Facilitated discussion and brainstorming among the participants
– Facilitated Q&A portion
– Understanding and appreciation of the advantages of RMDP in a professional retail organization
– A practical format or guide or design in order to develop/customize/complete a RMDP in their respective companies
– Knowledge and skills on how to organize and implement a professional and effective Retail Management Development Program (RMDP)
Who Should Attend?
– Retail Operations Managers, Area Managers, Store Managers
– Retail HR Managers
– Retail Training & Development Managers
About the speaker:
FRANCISCO T. DELA CRUZ, JR.
Retail Practitioner and International Retail Trainer, Facilitator, Resource Speaker & Consultant
He has 30 years of working experience in various companies of diverse industries, 17 years of which were spent abroad, particularly in the Middle East.
His extensive retail experiences and wisdom were gained from his employment as Senior Retail Operations Manager (or Branch Manager) of many “SM Stores” in different locations in the Philippines; and as Retail Training Manager of Alshaya Retail Group in the Middle East, operating in 19 countries and having more than 2,500 stores.
His Human Resources and Organization Development talents were honed from his very active role as HR/Training & Development Manager in a huge utility company in Jeddah with a highly diverse workforce and technical environment.
Today he is popularly known in both the private and government sectors, as Independent Trainer-Facilitator-Consultant of Retail Operations and Human Resources, Organization, and People Development available to service any interested clients, local and international.
|PRA Members||Php 9995|
|Non-PRA Members||Php 11995|
Mode of Payment:
- Please make check payable to – PHILIPPINE RETAILERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
- Check payment should be SENT to the PRA office (Unit 2607 Jollibee Plaza, F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City) OR DEPOSITED to PRA Account: Banco De Oro (BDO) – SM Megamall B Branch. Savings Account No.: 281121451
- Please FAX Deposit Slip with your Company Name to PRA for recording on or before the cut-off date.