(Source: ABS-CBNnews.com | July 29, 2015)
If you are incidentally at a shopping mall or at any commercial establishment, you have to remember the following:
– At exactly 10:30 a.m. on July 30, bells will ring out and the public address system will be used for verbal instructions to signal the start of the metro-wide shake drill. A recording of a rumbling earthquake sound will be played.
– Perform the Duck (Drop), Cover, and Hold position.
– While down on the floor, make conscious efforts to avoid materials that might fall, break or collapse such as glass windows and walls, ceiling fans and cabinets, and hanging merchandise.
– After 45 seconds, the bells will stop ringing, signalling that the shaking has stopped.
– Stand up and and move to a safer area based on the evacuation plan. For malls, the open parking area is the most suitable. If there is any obstruction or the pathway is unsafe, use the alternate routes indicated on the evacuation map.
– Do not use elevators.
– If an aftershock occurs, perform the Duck (Drop), Cover, and Hold position again until the shaking stops.
– Stay together, and evacuate to a safer ground such as parking space and open field away from trees or electric posts.
– While evacuating, follow the four universally accepted evacuation rules: Don’t talk. Don’t push. Don’t run. Don’t turn back.
– A headcount will be conducted to ensure that nobody is left behind.