The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has recently issued a new memorandum circular on the implementation of traffic management measures to ease traffic congestion during the Christmas season.
With the worsening traffic situation in the city, the MMDA has sought the participation of shopping centers to help organize and ease the traffic congestion especially during the holidays where shoppers are expected to flock malls for their Christmas shopping.
Under the memorandum circular no. 16, the following regulations shall be observed:
1. The shopping mall operators shall submit their respective traffic management plan to the MMDA for their respective mall sales and promotional events two (2) weeks before the scheduled date of such events.
2. The shopping mall operators shall conduct deliveries only during night time from 11:00pm up to 5:00am the next day.
3. Deliveries of perishable goods such as food and ice are exempted from night time only delivery.
4. The shopping mall operators shall not conduct mall-wide “Sale” during weekdays starting November 1, 2016. The conduct of “Sale” in certain department stores/ store outlets inside the mall may be allowed, but it must be without announcement, advertisement or tarpaulin.
5. The shopping malls shall adjust their operating hours from 11:00am to 11:00pm starting November 1, 2016.
The Memorandum Circular shall be effective from November 1, 2016 to January 9, 2017.
Copy of the original memorandum circular