47th Retail Excellence Seminar Series: THE NEUROSCIENCE OF CONSUMER BEHAVIOR: What Retailers need to know about Creating an Unforgettable Shopping Experience and Increasing Retail Profitability
June 27 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
THE NEUROSCIENCE OF CONSUMER BEHAVIOR: What Retailers need to know about Creating an Unforgettable Shopping Experience and Increasing Retail Profitability
DATE: June 27, 2019
VENUE: Clermont, 22nd Floor Discovery Suites Manila – 25 ADB Avenue Ortigas Center, Pasig City
RESOURCE SPEAKER/LEARNING PARTNER: Mr. Ben Ampil (US-Certified Neuroscience Coach and US-Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP Master Practicioner)
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM:
I. BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
True or False: “We only use 10% of our Brain”.
– False! We use all our Brain… as all regions of our Brain have functions. The only instance wherein there would be “unused regions” would be when we would have suffered damage that would have rendered those regions unusable.
– Our Brain is the most complex Human Organ that we have. It determines who we are and how we behave. Yet we know more about other “non-vital’ organs (such as our Skin) than we do our Brain. Because of “Neuroscience” (the study of the Human Brain), we have learned more about our Brain in the last 5 years than we have in the entire history of mankind.
You simply cannot afford to miss this life-changing Learning Experience.
– Neuroscience reveals that 95% of our Actions are Subconscious in nature. Yet much of our Sales and Retail Marketing activities (such as FGDs, In-depth Interviews, Surveys, etc) focus on the Conscious (Cognitive) Mind.
– Traditional approaches to questions about the Consumer have relied on Behavioral Sciences. Unprecedented advances in Neuroscience have allowed us to study and analyze how different brain functions influence Consumer Behavior.
– This Half-Day Seminar offers a comprehensive introduction to the workings of the Brain… and how this knowledge can infirm our understanding of Consumption Behavior. You would be given a front-row seat to learning about the workings of the Human Brain, the evolution of Neuroscience, and applications that would significantly enhance the way you study and plan your Retail Marketing Strategy such that you could provide an Unforgettable Shopping Experience for your Customers, and increase Retail Profitability for your organization.
The way you use your Brain…and the way you do your Retail Business…would never be the same after this.
II. COURSE OUTLINE
A. Brainyology 101
Some Basic, User-Friendly (&Nosebleed-Free) Facts about the Brain
• Structure and Functions
• Neural Networks
Our Brain was programmed for our Survival, and not our Happiness.
• If you worry, it is not our Fault. Rather, it is our Default!
B. Neuroscience 101
What it is, How it developed over time
• EEG (Electroencephalograph)
• fMRI (functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
We have discovered more about the Brain in the last 5 years than in all of the history of Mankind.
C. A Basic Neuroscience Model of Consumer Choice
Distinctions between the different Sub-Processes of Consumption Behavior that affect Consumer Decision-Making
• Representation & Attention
o Identification of Choice Set
o Saliency of Options
• Predicted Value
o Prediction by the Consumer of how much he/she will enjoy a Brand
• Experienced Value
o Enjoyment of the Brand during its Consumption
• Remembered Value & Learning
o Memory of Brand Liking
o How liking of a Brand is encoded, consolidated, and retrieved (in the Brain)
D. Your Brain’s Behavior
Senses & Perception
Attention & Consciousness
Emotions & Feelings
Learning & Memory
Wanting, Liking & Deciding
E. Applications to generate an Unforgettable Customer Shopping Experience
F. Conclusions & Next Steps
III. WHO SHOULD ATTEND
A. Every Function / Task of Leadership & Management
Since we all need to understand how our Brain works in order for each of us to function optimally, and
We are all in the business of “influencing others”
B. Anyone involved with making Plans and Decisions about:
Websites and Social Media
Package Designs (Visual Layout)
Collaterals (Integrated Marketing Communications)
Media Initiatives, and
Anything that affects the Consumer directly or indirectly
IV: SPEAKER’S PROFILE
MR. BEN AMPIL
Ben Ampil is a US-Certified Neuroscience Coach. He is also a US-Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner. These two modalities fit perfectly together to provide a “Hardware” and “Software” approach to influencing the Brain and how it functions… so that we could all live our best lives.
He is an International Speaker and was a Keynote Speaker at the 9th Global Conference on Neuroscience held in London this 2019. He also spoke at the 37th Worldwide Convention of Dermatologic Surgeons at Bangkok, Thailand (2017) where he discussed “The Neuroscience of Beauty”.
He would be a Keynote Speaker again this February 2020 at another Global Conference on Neuroscience, this time to be staged in Berlin, Germany.
Ben has had an extensive corporate career in the different Functional Disciplines of General Management, in a variety of Industries such as Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, Hospitality, Property Management, and Strategic Consultancy.
He also has a wealth of Academic Credentials, namely;
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- from the University of the Philippines (Diliman),
- An Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- from the University of the Philippines (Diliman),
- A Master of Science degree in Economics,
- from the University of Asia and the Pacific, and
- A Master of Science degree in Information Technology (Units Taken)
- from the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.
Ben heads Amplius Management Consultancy, which offers services in the areas including but not limited to:
- Management Consulting,
- Learning & Development,
- Sales & Marketing Support,
- Business Coaching (for Private Individuals & Client Companies).
His USP Equation is: Success = Science + Management Theory + Experience
|EARLY BIRD RATE
(if paid on/or before June 26, 2019)
(If paid on June 27, 2019)
|PRA Members||Php 2,495||Php 3,495|
|Non-PRA Members||Php 3,495||Php 4,495|
*GROUP OF 5 OR MORE: 5% DISCOUNT